Good Afternoon Munchkins!
Today I will be sharing with you what is in my ‘everyday’ makeup bag. I used apostrophes purely for the fact that not everything in this bag is always used and sometimes other products are applied to my face that aren’t in here, but I guess it could be labelled as ‘everyday’. In this bag I keep the makeup products I reach for a lot more than others in my collection or new things I want to try and incorporate in my ‘everyday’ makeup routine. There are quite a few bits in here so I will just mention when and why I use them as we go along. I will just put it out there now, everything in here is loved a lot by myself otherwise it wouldn’t be in there.
The bag I use for my ‘everyday’ (I need to stop with the apostrophes!) makeup is one from the Zoella Beauty collection and is available from Superdrug. I bought this over a year ago and it has a very beautiful shell pink with gold polka dot pattern which is an unusual but beautiful combination. This particular design also says ‘Just Say Yes’ in a black, swirly, handwriting-style font. Nothing like an inspirational quote to start the day! The material of the exterior is patent so any spillages can be mopped up easily, but the inside is an actual fabric so could become a little bit more difficult to get rid of stains (though it’s still a fabric with a silky finish). It has a gold zip which I love because I know that once it’s all zipped in, I no longer need to worry about anything falling out. This was only £8 which I think is a decent price for such a good quality makeup bag with so much space. I do recommend these makeup bags and I am looking to get more in the future.
Let’s all just enjoy how much of a mess my dressing table is and how it accurately represents my life!
- Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation in Light Porcelain: available from Boots and Superdrug. I’m not somebody who wears makeup all day every day but I do use it on weekends or if I’m going out or going somewhere nice etc.
- Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer in Ivory: available from Boots and Superdrug, see review of this and the previous product HERE. I just use this to match the foundation on my fuller coverage days.
- Rimmel Hide The Blemish Concealer in Natural Beige and Ivory: available from Boots and Superdrug. I use these on school days and I’m waiting to use up the Natural Beige one as it’s too dark for my skin. Basically, Ivory’s just a back up concealer!
- Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Translucent: available from Boots and Superdrug. I use this to set my face and on school days for a lighter coverage (I am planning on writing a school makeup blog post soon!).
- No7 Light Loose Powder in Medium: available from Boots. I used to use this as a bronzer and still do on days where I’ve gone for a lighter coverage as it does it so naturally. This is a normal loose powder but it’s too dark for me so I do just use it to make me look more alive.
- Gosh Defining Brow Gel in Translucent: available from Superdrug. I use this everyday whether I’ve filled my brows in or not just to set the hairs in place. I realise I’m going to sound crazy, but can you have curly eyebrow hairs? I feel like I have them as no matter what I do they always curl out of place. Please let me know!
- MUA Pro-Base Eye Primer: available from Superdrug, see review HERE. I use this nearly everyday, depending what type of eye shadows I’m using. If I’m using powder eye shadows, this is going on my face, without a doubt, just to make sure everything stays where it should.
- Makeup Revolution Amazing Curl Mascara in Black: available from Superdrug. This is my everyday mascara and I don’t go a day without using it! This is starting to get a little bit clumpy though, which should explain the next product!
- Maybelline Lash Sensational Waterproof Mascara in Very Black: available from Boots and Superdrug. I bought this fairly recently (expect it in a very long, upcoming haul!) as my current mascara is becoming a little bit old and everyone seems to be loving it. I wanted to jump on the bandwagon, I’m sorry!
- Technic and BYS Pencil Eye Liners in Black. Because one clearly wasn’t enough! I used to use these all the time but now I only use them if I’m wearing a smokey look or I’m on a night out. It’s just easier to grab because they’re so small, they could be anywhere!
- Technic Blush Duo. This little set contains two pink blushers with purple undertones, one darker than the other and one with high shimmer, the other not so much. I used this a lot in winter and when I don’t want to use highlighter, I will turn to this as it has enough shimmer within it to carry a look itself.
- Hey Cheeky! Cheek and Lip Tint in Pink. I use this cream product for my cheeks and I am loving it at the moment! I use this when I am going to wear highlighter as it’s matte (don’t worry, I will be writing a full cheek routine soon, also!) and can be blended out really nicely. I love this product and wish it could be sold in actual shops, as I only received it in a magazine (same as the blush duo previously mentioned).
- Maybelline Master Sculpt in Light/Medium: available from Boots and Superdrug, see review HERE. I use this to give myself a little bit of contour on days where I use foundation and I also use the highlight quite a lot for my inner corners and under the brow bone as it has a lot of vanilla-y vibes. The contour powder can sometimes be a little bit orange, but with a light hand it can look really nice and natural. I also love the flat, rounded brush within this for highlighter!
- MUA Undress Your Skin Highlighter in Iridescent Gold: available from Superdrug. This is the only highlighter I use on the tops of my cheekbones as I feel it really shows them off in a drag or natural kind of way, depending on what look you want and how you apply it. I’m so impressed with this product, I really have a lot of good things to say about MUA.
- Rimmel Vinyl Gloss in Crystal Clear: available from Boots. This is actually the first drugstore piece of makeup I ever bought and it’s still going! This is really nice for school as it makes you look a little bit more alive at 8:30am whilst sticking within the boundaries. I also like having options!
- So…? Pink Lip Gloss. I included this in my last favourites so 7 point if you remember it from there! I love to wear this for school also as it is super sheer on my pigmented lips but adds a really nice sheen with blue undertones. It also lasts quite a long time as well.
- Tweezers: available from Primark. I keep these in there as they are super handy for getting rid of those annoying eyebrow hairs that just appear on your face.
And there we have it! I hope you have enjoyed this little blog post. Don’t forget to let me know what’s in your makeup bag at the moment, what products you keep reaching for or what you would like to see more of! If there is anything I have missed out, you are more than welcome to ask me anything extra in the comments.
Thank you so much for reading and I’ll see you soon,